Hello fellow music lovers! My name is Holly, I am 26 years old and was born and raised in Eagle River, Alaska. I lived in Clarksville, Tennessee for about 4 years due to my husband being stationed there and I absolutely loved it. Clarksville is about 45 minutes away from Nashville, so my husband and I frequented "Music City" fairly often. I am now living in Fairbanks, AK with my husband and our three pets. We have a rambunctious dog named Bailey and two crazy kitties named Luna and Moogli. While Alaska is a beautiful state, we are counting down the days until we can move back down south.

I have been an avid music lover for as long as I can remember. I am someone who can listen to just about any genre and find something that I enjoy. I did play the violin in elementary school (I was never very good) I would much rather listen to music than play it. I have been to a few concerts. I have seen Papa Roach, Theory of a Deadman, Brad Paisley, Three Doors Down, Hunter Hayes, 24k Golden and I went to the 2018 Warped Tour. I would love to attend more but very few artists come to Alaska. One thing I can do is name a song and artist in a matter of seconds, I credit my parents for this skill for always having music on when I was young. A few of my favorite artists are Kanye West, Van Halen, Mayday Parade, Snow Patrol, and Hannah Montana (call me nostalgic) Honestly, if I linked my playlists on Spotify they are all over the place with all mixes of artists and genres. I am always excited to find new music to listen to, therefore I am excited to see what everyone in the class suggests.


This photo was from the 2018 Vans Warped tour in Nashville,TN. It was so stinking hot outside and then it dumped rain for about an hour and got extremely hot again. It was a complete blast and I wish I could relive the day. Some of the artists we saw were 3OH!3, Bowling For Soup, Mayday Parade, Falling in Reverse, and Simple Plan.


This is one of my absolute favorite songs. Lana Del Rey worked with the the director Baz Luhrmann and wrote this song specifically for The Great Gatsby (2013) This is one of my favorite films. Every time I hear this song it brings me back to the first time I saw the film and I feel so nostalgic for that time. This is one of those songs that speaks to my soul for whatever reason, I could simply never tire of it.


Comments

  1. Sounds like you are a well rounded individual that loves music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed all my trips to Tennessee. I'll be heading to Nashville for a festival in April. Lana Del Ray! The queen of sadcore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Musical Analysis #1 - Don't You Worry Child

Musical Analysis #2 - The Lightning Strike (What If This Storm Ends?)